Vegan Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup recipe from scratch. Infused with ginger and coconut milk.
- 4 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 5 Basil leaves
- 1 cup Coconut milk
For corn starch slurry
- 1 heaped teaspoon corn starch
- 1 cup water
- Roast the bell pepper on fire on a gas stove until charred on all sides. Remove from fire and cover the charred peppers in a bowl and immediately cover with a cling wrap. Let it rest in the bowl for 10 minutes. The steam will help in removing the charred skin. Remove the skin by cleaning the peppers in water and place the peppers in a bowl. Discard the stems, skin, and seeds.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add in the garlic cloves, chopped onion, chopped carrot and the roughly chopped ginger. Fry for a minute. Add in the chopped roasted red bell pepper. Add in a teaspoon each of Worcestershire sauce and vinegar.
- Add in the salt, sugar and few sprigs of basil. Add a cup of water. Pressure cook for 5 minutes. Switch off the flame. Let the pressure in the cooker release naturally. Grind the mixture to a smooth puree.
- Make a slurry with corn starch and water. Set aside.
- Take a pan and add in the bell pepper puree, corn starch slurry and the coconut milk. Bring it to a slow simmer. Once the mixture comes to a boil, switch off the flame.
- Serve the soup hot.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Continental