Recipe for Indo Chinese Veg Schezwan fried rice. This home style veg fried rice made Indian chinese style with sauces and store bought sauce / masala is a winner. Recipe with step by step pictures. Try this amazing Indo Chinese Veg Schezwan fried rice at home today.
- 1.5 cups basmati rice (cook as instructed above)
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 10 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 inch ginger, finely minced
- 2 cups finely chopped veggies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon schezwan paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon red chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped spring onion
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the finely minced garlic and finely minced ginger. Fry for a couple of minutes. No need to fry for a long time. Just a couple of minutes is enough.
- Add in the veggies and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Take a bowl and add in the salt, pepper powder, sugar and the sauces. The little sugar will balance the taste. Mix well. Add a little water if the sauce is too thick. If you want a very spicy fried rice, add a little more of the Schezwan paste. You can also add red chilli flakes if you like. Add in the sauces to the pan. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the cooled rice. Saute for a couple of minutes more. Cold rice works best while making any kind of fried rice. Overnite rice is the best.
- Add in the chopped spring onions. Mix well. Add in the capsicum. I like to add the capsicum at last so it stays crunchy. Add in the butter.
- Briefly saute for a minute and switch off the flame.
There is no need to use additional salt. I have used just 1/4 teaspoon. The sauces are already very salty. So be cautious while adding salt.