Recipe for Senai Kizhangu Chops / Senai Kizhangu Roast. Easy to do Yam chops with step by step pictures.
- 250 grams Elephant foot yam / Senai Kizhangu
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 5 teaspoon oil
- 4–5 sprigs curry leaves
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 sprig coriander leaves, chopped
- Clean and chop the Senai Kizhangu into one inch size cubes. Keep the slices thick. Soak the senai kizhangu in salted water for five minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- Add in the salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix well to combine and make sure that the masalas coat the senai kizhangu well.
- Cook the yam in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles. Wait for the pressure to release naturally.
- Heat oil in a wide skillet until hot. Add in the cooked senai kizhangu and add in few sprigs of curry leaves. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp.
- Remove from the pan and squeeze some lemon on top of the roasted chops and sprinkle some coriander leaves. Serve with rice and rasam.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Side dish
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu