Recipe for eggless chocolate cake – steamed chocolate cake with icing. Eggless chocolate cake recipe. No oven or pressure cooker required for this recipe. Easy beginners recipe with simple ingredients.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Maida (All purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Chocolate Icing / Ganache
- 250 grams dark chocolate
- 250 ml milk cream like (amul milk cream)
- Take a bowl and add in all the wet ingredients. Whisk well to combine.
- Take a bowl and sift all the dry ingredients together in the bowl.
- Add in the mixed wet ingredients (milk-oil mixture) to the dry ingredients. Mix well with a whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Prepare a 6 inch cake pan and pour the batter in the pan. Cover the pan with an aluminium foil.
- Bring a steamer with water to a boil. Place the cake pan in the steamer, cover the pan with a tight lid and steam for 40 minutes on medium flame.
- Remove the cake from the steamer. Remove the aluminium foil. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Gently run a knife on the sides of the cake to release the sides from the pan. Invert it to a cake board / plate.
For Icing / Chocolate Ganache
- Scald 250ml of milk cream.
- Remove from heat and add in the chopped chocolate. Mix well with a whisk to combine.
- Cut the cake into half. Apply a layer of ganache on the bottom layer. Top the other half of the cake and generously apply ganache on the cake.
- Apply chocolate shavings for garnish.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Multi