Recipe for south indian Tamilnadu style paruppu vadai recipe. Made with chana dal.
- 1 cup (250 ml) Chana Dal
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 2 onions, finely choppes
- 10 stalks coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 500 ml Oil for deep frying
- Soak the chana dal for 2 hours. Drain the dal after 2 hours. Grind the dal with the red chillies, asafoetida and salt. Use about 2-3 tablespoon of water while grinding. Grind the batter to a coarse paste.
- To the ground batter, add in lots of finely chopped onions, chopped curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves, finely chopped green chillies and cumin seeds.
- Mix well and check for seasoning. Form the vadai. Take a small lime size batter in hand and make a ball. Gently flatten it on the hands. Gather the edges to smoothen.
- Gently lower the vadais in hot oil and cook the vadai on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot!
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu