Recipe for Thinai Pongal, Thinai Ven Pongal Recipe, Healthy foxtail millet pongal. Healthy siruthaniya pongal recipe. With step by step pictures.
For pressure cooking
- 1 cup foxtail millet (thinai arisi)
- 1/2 cup split yellow moong dal
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 10 cashewnut
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely minced
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pressure cook the millet and dal in water for 5 whistles. Remove from heat and wait for the pressure to release naturally. Set aside to cool.
- Coarsely grind pepper and cumin with the help of a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
- Heat some ghee or oil in a pan. Add in the cashew nut. Let it roast for 20 seconds
- Add in the ginger, curry leaves and green chillies. Add in the cumin-pepper mixture. Roast briefly for 20 seconds.
- Add in the cooked millet-dal mixture and salt. Mix everything to combine. Saute briefly for a minute or two. Remove off heat.
- Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu