Recipe for Tom Kha Soup. This vegan soup is perfect light soup and best while watching calories. Made with Coconut milk and vegetables.
For the broth
- 2 inch piece Galangal
- 2 stalks Lemon Grass
- 6–7 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 Cup Water (250 ml)
- Half a Red Capsicum, diced
- Half a Greed Capsicum, diced
- 5 Thai Red Chillies, chopped
- 5 Spring Onions, chopped, white bottom part only
- 1 cup Cabbage, chopped
- 1 big Carrot, chopped
- 150 ml Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 5 Spring Onions, green part only
- 3 sprigs Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 2–3 Kaffir Lime Leaves, torn to pieces
- Add in the chopped galangal, crushed lemon grass and crushed kaffir lime leaves along with a cup of water. Cook for 2 whistles on medium flame. Remove from heat and wait for the pressure to settle naturally.
- Remove the cooked ingredients using tongs or strain in a colander.
- Add in the veggies and salt to the strained broth and cook in the pressure cooker. Cook for 2 whistles on medium flame. Remove from heat and manually remove the the pressure using a spoon or a fork.
- Add in the coconut milk, spring onion, coriander leaves and simmer for a minute. Coconut milk should not be boiled for a long time. Just a mere simmer is enough. Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves and kaffir lime leaves.
- Serve hot as a soup or as a side dish with rice.
You can add a little chilli paste while serving to up the spice of the dish.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Thailand