Traditional All American basic fluffy breakfast pan cake recipe from scratch. Make your weekend breakfast / brunch special.
Please use correct cup measurements
1 Cup = 250 ml, 1 tsp = 5ml , 1 tablespoon = 15ml
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2–3 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup All-purpose flour (Maida)
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- pinch of Salt
- 1 tablespoon Butter or vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and lemon juice and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken. Add the egg, stirring it gently to break the yolk.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and gently whisk for 10 seconds to combine. Set aside.
- Gently fold the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture. Rest the batter for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. When the surface is hot, add the butter or vegetable oil to coat.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, drop pancake batter into the pan. Flip when bubbles appear.
- Cook for another minute, then remove the pancakes and serve. Top with butter and maple syrup, as desired.
Recipe Source : Adapted from Warren Brown
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American