- 1/4 Cup Split Red Lentils (Masoor Dal)
- 2 Tablespoon Broken Wheat (Daliya)
- 5 Cashewnuts
- 1 Medium Sized Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 Carrot, Chopped
- 1 Tomato, Chopped
- 1/2 of a Medium Sized Potato, Diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar (optional)
- 2 Sprigs Mint Leaves
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, peeled
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Sprigs Mint Leaves, Chopped
- 4 Lemon Wedges
- Add in all the ingredients in a pressure cooker and cook on medium flame for 5 whistles. It will take about 5-6 minutes. Switch off the flame and allow the pressure from the cooker to release naturally.
- Blend the soup. Do not blend the soup to a fine paste. Grind to a slightly coarse consistency so there is texture in every bite. Add little hot water to thin the soup to a consistency that you may like. Turkish Red Lentil Soup is ready.
- Garnish with mint leaves. Serve with bread and lemon wedges. Squeeze the lemon just before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Turkey