- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 10 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, finely minced
- 2 cups finely chopped veggies (cabbage, carrot, beans)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 3 stalks spring onions / scallions, finely chopped
- Wash and soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain the water. Add 1.5 cups of water to every cup of rice used. Cook in a pressure cooker, medium flame – for exactly 2 whistles. Switch off the flame and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Cool the rice on plates. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the finely minced garlic and finely minced ginger. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add a total of two cups of very finely chopped veggies. Add in the salt, pepper powder and the sugar. Fry briefly for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the rice and the scallions / spring onions. Saute for a couple of minutes more.
- Serve hot!
When doing fried rice for parties, add 2 tablespoon of butter in the end while adding rice and toss well to coat. Butter will make for a very velvety fried rice.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Indo-Chinese