Vegetable Moilee – Kerala style veg moilee made with veggies, coconut milk and aromatics. Excellent side dish for rice, appam and idiyappam. Recipe with step by step pictures.
- 500 grams vegetables
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2–3 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 inch fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 500 ml fresh coconut milk or 250 ml canned coconut milk
- Juice of one small lime
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add in the thinly sliced ginger, curry leaves and green chillies. Add in the sliced onions and saute for a minute.
- Add in the sliced tomatoes and the chopped garlic cloves. Saute for a couple of minutes more.
- Add in the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and the salt. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add in a cup of water and the vegetables. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- When the veggies are almost cooked through, add in the capsicum. Capsicum cooks very fast.
- Add in the coconut milk. Do not boil for long after adding the coconut milk.
- Once the curry comes to a simmer, switch off the flame. Add in the vinegar and fresh lime juice.
- Serve hot!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Kerala