One pot tarkari palav / vegetable pulao recipe using veggies and home made masala. Perfect recipe for lunch box and can be made in under 30 minutes. Suitable for lunchbox.
Tarkari palav masala
- 4 sprigs coriander leaves
- 4 sprigs mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded coconut
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch piece ginger
- 1/2 an onion (1/4 cup)
- 3 green chillies
- 1/2 cup water
For the palav
- 3 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 cardamom
- 1 clove
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 an onion (1/4 cup), sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon peanuts
- 2 cups veggies (green peas, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, beans etc…)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sona masuri rice
- 2 cups water
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Grind all the ingredients listed under tarkari palav masala to a smooth paste. Add half a cup of water while grinding. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure pan and add in the spices. Saute for a few seconds. Add in the sliced onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the onions are soft, add in the chopped tomatoes, curry leaves and peanuts. Saute for a few minutes.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked and soft, add in the ground masala and mix well. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Now add in the veggies. Add in the salt and the water.
- Once the water is boiling, add in the soaked and drained rice and let the mixture come to a boil. Once the mixture boils, cover the pressure pan with a lid and leave it exactly for 2 whistles on medium flame. Switch off the flame and let the pressure from the cooker release naturally.
- Vegetable palav is ready. Serve hot with kurma and yogurt.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins