Veggies in ginger and coconut milk sauce. Vegan and Glutenfree. Recipe with by step by step pictures.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3–4 whole green chillies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 stock seasoning cube
- 4 cups mixed vegetables and greens
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup diced capsicum (red and green)
- 2 stalks spring onion, chopped
- Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan and add in the finely grated / minced ginger. Saute for a few seconds. Add in the whole green chillies.
- Add in the red chilli flakes, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, black pepper powder and a seasoning cube / stock cube. Stock cube adds a nice flavor to the sauce.
- Add in the vegetables of your choice. There is no set rule to the kind of vegetables you use. You can use whatever you have in your fridge. Add vegetables that take time to cook first. I have added carrots, beans, cauliflower and radish to go in the pan first. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- The veggies are half cooked. Now add in the leafy vegetables and greens, spinach etc.. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- I also like to add half a cup of lite coconut milk (second pressed) for flavour. Canned coconut milk works fine too. Add more or less depending on your taste.
- Finally I add in the capsicum and switch off the flame. The capsicum will wilt from the heat of the sauce. Sprinkle some spring onions and you are done.
- Serve hot. I like to serve the curry with brown rice and chilled cucumber salad.
I have not add any extra salt as the soy sauce and the stock cube has salt. You can always add more salt if you like.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Fusion