This soup has a great mix of proteins, carbs, and plenty of vegetables, which is suitable for people of all age groups. It is so filling that you won’t even require another dish to accompany it and kids would be most happy having it as they get to enjoy their beloved pasta in it too!
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
2 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon fresh oregano
2 sprigs of rosemary
Salt, to taste
Black pepper powder, to taste
1 cup Swiss chard, roughly sliced
½ cup celery, chopped
½ cup pancetta, diced
1 cup carrot, peeled and cubed
3 cups homemade vegetable broth
1 cup red ripe tomatoes, chopped
½ cup tomato paste
¼ cup macaroni pasta
½ cup kidney or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1. Heat olive oil in the crock pot and sauté onion and garlic in it for a minute.
2. Add pancetta to it and cook it for another 2 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes and cook until it is soft. Now, add tomato paste, carrots, celery, and cook it a little more until the vegetables are slightly soft.
4. Add the beans, oregano, rosemary, Swiss chard, pepper, salt, and broth to the pot. Let the soup come to a boil.
5. Now, add the pasta and cook soup until the pasta is cooked to the desired degree of doneness.
6. Adjust the seasoning, remove rosemary sprig, cover, and simmer for another 2 minutes.
7. Serve the hot soup and enjoy!
Keywords: winter minestrone