Recipe for Bread Omelet / Omelette made Indian style. Recipe with step by step pictures / images and video. Bread omelet toast sandwich recipe Tamil style. முட்டை பிரட் ஆம்லெட் செய்வது எப்படி.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 sandwich bread slices
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise (optional)
- coriander and green chillies for garnish
- Break the eggs in a bowl and set aside. Add in the salt and turmeric powder. I like to add turmeric powder to my omelette as it gives a nice bright yellow colour that’s so good. It is not very traditional to add turmeric but I love it in my omelet. Add in the finely chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves and water.
- Whisk everything with a fork for a few seconds. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan until hot. You can use oil instead of butter but I advise you to use butter as the flavour of butter cannot be beat. Add in the omelette mixture to the pan. Swirl the pan so the omelette mixture evenly spread and covers the width of the pan.
- Add two bread slices on top of the omelette. Milk bread, Brown bread, Whole Wheat – anything will work well. Immediately flip the bread. A little bit of the egg mixture would stick to the bread. Sprinkle black pepper. Be lavish with black pepper. Freshly ground black pepper adds a nice aroma and flavour.
- Cook for 30 seconds on a medium flame. Now, flip the omelette along with the bread slices. Fold the omelette on the bread like the picture below. Watch the video if doubtful.
- Add half a teaspoon of butter so the bread can nicely toast and crisp up into a beautiful sandwich. Spread a little mayonnaise on one side of the omelette. This is not very traditional but mayonnaise gives a very nice and smooth mouthfeel to the sandwich. Fold the sandwich and cook the sides.
- Remove the bread omelette sandwich from the pan and cut into four slices. The perfect street food breakfast / nashta is ready.