Main Ingredients for making Cauliflower Paneer curry with coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 inch piece ginger, finely minced
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 500 grams cauliflower, diced
- 200 grams paneer, cubed
- 150 ml canned coconut milk
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped fine.
Here is how to make Cauliflower Paneer curry with coconut milk
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add in very finely minced ginger and curry leaves. Fry for a minute. Add in the finely chopped onion. Fry till the onions are soft. No need to brown the onions.
- dd in the finely chopped tomatoes. Add in the chopped green chilli. Add in a teaspoon of turmeric and a teaspoon of chilli powder. Add in the salt. Fry until the tomatoes are dry.
- Add in the cauliflower. Add in 1 cup of water. Let it simmer for 10 minutes in medium flame.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked to fork tender, add in the paneer. Reduce the flame to low. Add in the coconut milk. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes. Switch off the flame and garnish cauliflower paneer curry with coriander leaves.
I really like to use coconut oil for making this Cauliflower Paneer Curry as coconut oil is very flavorful. If you do not have coconut oil, use any vegetable oil for this recipe.
If you want to make this Cauliflower Paneer curry with coconut milk as vegan, skip the paneer and add in diced tofu.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: South Indian
Keywords: Cauliflower Paneer Curry