- 3 tablespoon sesame oil (gingely oil, nallennai)
- 2 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomato, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 8 dried red chillies
- 1 inch piece tamarind
- 1 teaspoon jaggery (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Take a 3 litre pressure cooker and add in the oil to the pan.
- Add in the onion, tomatoes and garlic.
- Add in the chillies, tamarind and jaggery.
- Cover the pressure cooker with a lid and add the weight.
- Cook for 5 minutes. (Set a timer)
- Induction stove is preferred. If using induction, set the stove at 1200w. If using gas stove, set it in medium flame.
- In both methods you should get about three whistles. You can switch off after 3 whistles. 5 minutes or 3 whistles whichever is first.
- After 5 minutes, switch off the flame and release the pressure manually.
- Open the cooker and add in the salt.
- Grind to a paste without adding any water.
- Serve with idli, dosa, uthappam etc..
The term OPOS and One Pot One Shot are registered trademarks owned by Mr.Ramakrishnan. The recipes have been adapted using his OPOS principle. They are used in Kannamma Cooks with prior permission.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Chutney
- Cuisine: Chettinad, Tamilnadu