Easy Recipe for chola maavu idiyappam, sorghum flour string hoppers recipe. Easy and healthy recipe to make idiyappam with chola maavu. With step by step pictures.
- 2 cups chola maavu – sorghum flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 1.5 cups water
- little oil for brushing the idli plates.
- Mix in the flour, salt and hot water. Knead to a pliable dough.
- Prepare small oblong balls and load it in the idiyappam press. Press the idiyappam strings onto idli plates.
- Once the dough is pressed, transfer the plates to a steamer and steam the idiyappam for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of steaming, rest the idli plates for 5 minutes before removing the idiyappam.
- Serve hot!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Idiyappam / Mains
- Cuisine: South Indian