Recipe for spicy garlic kara pori made with green chillies, garlic, peanuts and spices. A perfect and healthy tea time snack. With step by step pictures.
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 3 tablespoon fried gram (pottu kadalai)
- 2 tablespoon peanuts
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 7–8 cloves garlic, chopped (peeling not necessary)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups pori / puffed rice
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee in a pan on low flame. Add in the fried gram (pottu kadalai), peanuts and curry leaves. Saute on low flame for a minute. Add in the chopped green chillies and garlic. Fry for a minute more.
- Add in the turmeric powder and salt. Saute for 10 seconds.
- Add in the pori / puffed rice. Mix everything well to combine and saute for a minute to crisp up the pori / puffed rice.
- Serve with masala tea or coffee.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: South Indian