5 minute one bowl breakfast recipe for Gluten Free and Vegan Tomato Omelette using chick pea flour (besan, kadalai maavu) and indian spices.
- 1 cup besan, chickpea flour
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomato, finely diced
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallions, spring onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (Hing), Optional
- 2/3 cup water
- Sieve the chickpea flour. Its an important step to get rid of the lumps. Dont skip. Add in the veggies and the spices. Dump them all. Add in 2/3 cups water and mix well with a wooden spoon until a smooth batter forms.
- Ladle 1/3 cup of batter and pour on a lightly oiled preheated griddle and cook for 2 minutes each side until lightly brown on low flame. Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: South Indian