Recipe for Kadalai Paruppu Chutney Recipe. Getti Chutney Recipe. Kadalai paruppu chutney recipe made with chana dal and coconut. Excellent side dish for idli and dosa.
- 2 teaspoon gingely oil (Indian sesame oil)
- 3 dried red chillies
- 1/2 cup kadalai paruppu (chana dal)
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded coconut
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves
- a pinch of hing
- 1/4 inch piece tamarind
- 1/4 inch piece ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon jaggery
- Heat two teaspoon of gingely oil (Indian sesame oil) until hot. Add in the dried red chillies and fry for a few seconds. Remove the chillies from oil and set aside on a plate.
- Add in the chana dal (kadalai paruppu) and saute on a low flame for 2-3 minutes until the dal is nicely roasted and golden.
- Switch off the flame and add in the curry leaves, coconut, coriander leaves, hing, tamarind, ginger and salt. I also add a small piece of jaggery. It is optional. Mix well. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Transfer the contents to a mixie jar along with the chillies and add half a cup of water. Grind to a smooth paste.
- Serve hot with idli or dosa.
- Category: Chutney
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu