Healthy kollu dosai recipe. Dosa made with cooked and ground horsegram and spices. Healthy and filling dosa recipe. With step by step pictures.
- 1/3 cup horsegram lentil
- 3 cups regular dosa batter
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 dried red chillies
- sesame oil (Indian gingely oil) for making dosas
- Boil the lentils and set aside to cool.
- Take a mixie jar and add in the cooked lentils along with the water used for cooking. Add in the onions, cumin seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves. Grind to a smooth paste. Add extra water if necessary.
- Add the ground paste to regular dosa batter. Add about a cup of water to thin the batter.
- Heat the dosa griddle until medium hot. Add 1/2 cup batter and swirl to completely cover the dosa griddle. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of oil or ghee to the dosa.
- Cook until underside of the kollu dosa is golden brown. Loosen the edges of the kollu dosa with a steel spatula. Flip the kollu dosa. Cook for 30 seconds more. Remove the kollu dosa from the griddle and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot!
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu