Mushroom Pepper fry – Kalan Milagu Varuval recipe. Easy and quick recipe for South Indian Tamilnadu style Mushroom Pepper Fry – Kalan Milagu Varuval. With step by step pictures and video. Bachelor friendly recipe.
Main Ingredients for Mushroom Pepper Fry – Kalan Milagu Varuval
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 inch piece ginger, very finely minced
- 2–3 sprigs curry leaves, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 200 grams button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoon black pepper. ground in a mortar-pestle
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, ground in a mortar-pestle
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the finely chopped ginger and finely chopped curry leaves. You definitely want to chop the curry leaves. The chopped curry leaves imparts a fine flavor in every bite of this Mushroom Pepper Fry. Fry for half a minute in low flame.
- Add in the chopped onions and the cleaned and sliced mushrooms. Add the salt. Let it cook on medium flame for 15 minutes. Keep sauteing. Don’t add any water. The water from the mushrooms will cook it down.
- Grind the pepper and fennel seeds in a mortar and pestle. Add it to the pan. Saute for a good 2-3 minutes for the pepper to nicely permeate the mushrooms.
- Finally add in a tablespoon of ghee and roast for a minute. The ghee adds a superb aroma and flavour to the mushroom pepper fry.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: South Indian
Keywords: Mushroom Pepper Fry