Recipe for easy and quick Mushroom Chapati Sandwich. Easy and quick Indian school lunch box ideas. This sure will make your picky eater happy.
For the Mushroom Stuffing
- 2 Tablespoon Peanut / Vegetable Oil
- 200 grams Button Mushrooms, finely sliced
- 2 medium sized Onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon All purpose flour (maida)
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For putting together the sandwich
- 6 Chapatis
- 3 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese for filling
The Mushroom Filling
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the chopped onions and the sliced mushrooms. Add in the salt, pepper and the Italian herb seasoning all at once.
- Keep sauteing until the onions and mushrooms are cooked and the mixture is dry and light brown.
- Add in the All purpose flour (Maida) and fry for a minute.
- Add in the water and stir well until it forms a thick mixture. Switch off the flame.
- The mushroom filling is ready.
Putting together the sandwich
- Take a cooked Chapati and place 2 tablespoons of the filling on one half of the chapati. Add in the cheese.
- Slightly wet the edges of the chapati with water.
- Fold the chapati like a half moon.
- Using a fork, press the corners to seal the chapati.
- Heat a pan and place the chapati on the pan and cook for 30 seconds on each side sprinkling little oil.
- Remove the chapati sandwich and cut into half.
- Mushroom Chapati Sandwich is ready!
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: Indian