For the Masala Marinade
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch piece ginger
- 1 tabespoon tamarind paste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1–2 tablespoon water to grind
- 1/2 cup bombay rava (fine semolina)
- 6–7 fish filet
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4–5 lemon wedges
- 2 sprigs chopped coriander leaves
- Grind the garlic, ginger, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and tamarind paste to a smooth marinade. Add very little water ( a tablespoon at a time) while grinding.
- Make gashes on the fish and apply the masala liberally on both sides of the fish.
- Spread rava on a plate and dredge the masala coated fish with rava.
- Let the coated fish marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 3 tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish on a medium flame. Fry for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon wedges and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 6 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: South Indian