Easy recipe for cracked samba godhumai – emmer wheat payasam/pradhaman
- 1/2 cup cracked samba wheat/emmer wheat (not bulghur)
- 3/4 cup jaggery
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 tablespoon golden raisin
- 2 tablespoon cashewnuts, broken
- Add cracked wheat and 3.5 cups water and pressure cook the wheat in water for 4 whistles/10 minutes.
- Strain the water from the wheat after its cooked. Add the jaggery to the strained water Bring this mixture to a boil. Let it boil for 3-4 minutes. Add in the coconut milk, cardamom and a pinch of salt. Let it simmer in very low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Take a small pan/kadai and heat ghee. When its shimmering add in the raisins and the cashews and fry till golden brown.
- Once the cashews are brown, add the hot ghee mixture to the payasam. Remove off heat.
- Serve hot or chilled
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: South Indian