- 4 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon chana dal
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- 3 dried red chillies, broken
- 1/2 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
- 3 onions, finely chooped (2 cups)
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 cups samba wheat rava
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, green chillies and dry red chillies. Once the lentils are roasted and the mustard seeds crackle, add in the finely chopped ginger and finely chopped curry leaves.
- Add in the finely chopped onions and the salt. Saute till the onions are soft and starting to brown.
- Add in the finely chopped tomatoes and saute for a minute. Add in the hot water.
- Once the water is boiling, add in the samba rava.
- Mix well and cover the pan with the lid and reduce the flame to a medium on the stove. Let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Open the pan and add in the coriander leaves. Mix well. Cover the pan and reduce the flame of the stove to a low. Cook for another two minutes. Remove the pan from heat and let it rest for ten minutes for the rava to swell up.
- Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu