Recipe for delicious south indian tea kadai/tea shop bakery style butter biscuits/cookies. Crispy Iyengar bakery Indian cookies recipe. Salt Biscuit.
- 1/2 Cup (110 grams) Butter at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup (65 grams) Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Cup (130 grams) All purpose flour – Maida
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoonPure Vanilla Extract
- Sift sugar over butter and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, salt and vanilla at once and mix until combined.
- Transfer the dough to a cling wrapped surface and make a log. cover it with cling wrap.
- Refrigerate the dough for an hour.
- In the mean time Preheat the oven to 350F/180C
- Cut the dough into half inch thick cookies.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven for 22-25 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through. When they start to brown, they are done. Have an eye as they can go from brown to burnt very fast!
- Transfer to a cooling rack for 15-20 minutes.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Indian