Easy restaurant style Indo Chinese vegetable noodles recipe.
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 10–12 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inch piece ginger, minced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 4 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
For cooking Noodles
- 200 grams noodles
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the super finely minced garlic and ginger.
- Add in the thinly sliced onions and saute till the onions are soft.
- Add in the carrots and the cabbage.
- Saute on medium flame for at least 10 minutes. Keep sauteing so the veggies do not burn at the bottom. I do not add salt in the beginning as the vegetables will turn mushy. We want it crisp. After the veggies are cooked, add in the salt, pepper, rice vinegar and the sliced capsicum. Saute for 3-4 minutes more.
- In the mean time, boil water in a big pot. Add in a tablespoon of salt. Add in the noodles and cook until firm.
- Remove the noodles off heat and drain. Cook only until the noodles are firm. It will continue to cook after draining in the residual heat. If you over cook the noodles, it will become mushy. So remove the noodles when they are firm but not soft.Add the boiled and drained noodles to the vegetable mixture.
- Mix well and serve hot.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Asian