Recipe for tamilnadu style vendhaya dosa. Very easy recipe preparation with video. Methi seeds dosa. fenugreek seeds dosa batter.
- 1/2 cup raw rice (Idli rice or the regular Ponni rice will also work)
- 1/2 cup thick aval / poha
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoom urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups water
- Soak the rice, aval, vendhayam (fenugreek seeds), urad dal in water. Let it soak for 2 hours.
- Grind the soaked ingredients along with water used for soaking to a very fine paste.
- Transfer the ground paste to a bowl, mix the salt and allow the batter to ferment for 6-8 hours.
- Heat a dosa griddle/pan until medium hot. Apply few drops of oil on the griddle. Ladle the batter and pour it onto the griddle. Do not spread the batter like you do normal dosa. Spread it ever so lightly if necessary. Lots of holes will start forming on the top of the dosa. Cover the griddle with a lid and let it cook for 40 seconds on medium flame. Remove lid, flip the dosa and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Remove from heat and serve hot!
Use 1/2 teaspoon additional vendhayam if you like the flavour of vendhayam / fenugreek. But do not add a lot of vendhayam / fenugreek seeds as the dosa will become bitter if too much is added.
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dosa
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu