- 2 cups diced white pumpkin, ash gourd
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 dried red chillies, broken roughly
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ a cup of plain curd / yogurt
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the mustard seeds, curry leaves, dried red chillies and asafoetida (hing). Let the mustard seeds splutter. Add in the diced pumpkin and salt. Add in a half a cup of water and boil for 5 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Take a bowl and add in the curd and half a cup of water. Whisk well to combine. Add it to the pan and mix well.
- Serve with rice.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu