Paneer has to be the all time favorite versatile ingredient of mine. Its meaty, and takes on the flavours very well. This recipe for aloo paneer tikki can be put together easily in minutes. I make these patties in advance and freeze them. The patties freeze well. I just thaw it and fry it whenever required. My son loves anything paneer. So I keep a stash of these patties all the time for a quick evening bite.
Here is how to do aloo paneer tikki. Boil couple of potatoes until tender. Peel them and coarsely mash them. Set aside. Shred the paneer. Take a big bowl and add in all the ingredients and mix well. Make lime sized balls from the mixture and gently press them into patties.
Heat oil in a pan until hot. Place the patties and shallow fry on both sides until golden. Do not move the tikkis a lot with the spatula. It may break. Let it just cook for two minutes on each side. Remove the tikkis and drain on paper towels.
Recipe for Aloo Paneer Tikki, Potato Paneer Tikki Recipe. Easy shallow fried Tikki recipe.Perfect after school snack.
- 2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 200 grams shredded paneer
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 ml refined sunflower oil
- Take a big bowl and add in all the ingredients and mix well. Make lime size balls and gently press them into patties.
- Heat oil in a pan until hot. Place the patties and shallow fry on both sides until golden. Remove the tikkis and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Indian