Healthy Vegan Fenugreek stir-fry | Vendhaya keerai poriyal.
South Indian Tamilnadu Style Easy and healthy recipe for vendhaya keerai poriyal. Fenugreek stir fry using methi leaves. Iron rich food.
Vendhaya keerai poriyal with rice makes a perfect lunch. This recipe is very basic and quite straight forward and screams SOUTH. My mom cooks this every week as its a good source of iron. The only thing about fenugreek is that it can consume a good half hour to be cleaned. But good things take time. Dont they! What are we waiting for? Lets pump some iron. Shall we.
Easy and healthy recipe for south indian style vendhaya keerai poriyal. Fenugreek stir fry using methi leaves. Iron rich food.
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole urad dhal
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 dried red chillies
- 10 cloves Garlic diced
- 2 cups shallots or 2 red onions , chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100 grams cleaned fenugreek leaves
- 4 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Clean and wash the fenugreek in water to remove dirt and sand.
- Heat oil in a saute pan and add mustard seeds and urad dhal. Let it pop.
- Once the mustard pops, add the curry leaves and red chillies and saute briefly for a few seconds.
- Add in the chopped garlic, salt, shallots/red onions and fry in a low flame for a good ten minutes until they are slightly brown.
- Add in the fenugreek leaves and fry till they are wilted and completely dry.
- Add the coconut and briefly saute for a minute and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Category: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: South Indian