Pasta Soup is something I do regularly for our weekend dinners. After the “roaming around Saturdays” that involve delicious snacking of stuffed buns from the abundant little bakeries of Hong Kong, Portuguese style egg tarts and boba tea in the evening, we usually settle down for a light dinner. After putting my son to sleep, we have our time binge watching in Netflix. I love my Saturdays. There is no alarm to be set for the morning and the nights are long. This soup is just so hearty and comforting after a tiring day. This is an easy soup that can be put together in less than 15 minutes.
This recipe for this fully loaded pasta soup is a vegetarian classic that makes for a comforting warm dinner. I have used a veggie stock cube to flavor the soup. Alternatively, you can use vegetable stock or chicken stock to flavour the soup. I have used macaroni pasta for the soup today.
Take a pressure pan and add in 2.5 cups of water. Add in one stock cube, Italian seasoning, black pepper and salt and bring it to a roaring boil. Let the stock cube fully melt.
Add in the veggies and the macaroni pasta.
Cook the pasta for 2 whistles in the pressure cooker. It will take about 5 minutes. ( If doing it on a pan, cook for 20 minutes with the pan covered with a lid.)
Wait for the pressure to settle down. Open the cooker and add in the butter and stir well. Let the butter melt completely.
Serve in soup bowls with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Hearty Pasta and Veggies Soup
Pasta soup with veggies. One pot pasta soup that can be put together in less than 10 minutes. Easy comforting dinner recipe. With step by step pictures.
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Measurements Used – 1 Cup = 250 ml (approx) 1 teaspoon = 5 ml, 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
For the stock
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 veggie stock cube
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green beans
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup fresh green peas
- 1/2 cup macaroni pasta
Final finishing Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese to serve
- Take a pressure pan and add in 2.5 cups of water. Add in one stock cube, Italian seasoning, black pepper and salt and bring it to a roaring boil. Let the stock cube fully melt.
- Add in the veggies and the macaroni pasta.
- Cook the pasta for 2 whistles in the pressure cooker.
- Wait for the pressure to settle down. Open the cooker and add in the butter and stir well. Let the butter melt completely.
- Serve in soup bowls with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Italian
8 thoughts on “Hearty Pasta and Veggies Soup – 10 Minute One Pot Pasta Soup with Veggies”
Do you have an alternate for stock cubes ?
You can use veggie stock.
I am planning to follow opos after buying the pre requisites…
In this recipe, can you tell me where these soup cubes are available in Chennai?
I am not sure where its available in Chennai.
Thanks for sharing simple version of pasta soup recipe as i was looking for one without much ingredients.
I tried this recipe yesterday and it came out so well.
Thank you! Really glad that you liked it.
I made this yesterday.Easy one to make.I skipped onions and added sausages.Yummy!!!
Nice! Thanks for trying!