Here’s a little secret: a sight of a man in front of a kitchen stove, cooking something delicious, turns girls on. Isn’t this a great reason to let your inner Gordon Ramsey loose and impress your girlfriend with some culinary masterpiece on a dinner date at your place? Despite that the names of the recipes below may sound a bit fancy, they’re pretty easy, so you won’t mess things up.
Grilled ham steak
Steak is the most male-ish dish, so, deep inside, we all know how to cook it. Besides, not only pasta and strawberries with cream create a romantic atmosphere. A piece of juicy steak with a glass of red wine does it perfectly, as well.
Here’s the recipe:
– Prepare the marinade: mix mustard, honey, and one tablespoon of oil. Salt and pepper all this stuff.
– Grease the steaks with marinade and fry them in a hot frying or grill pan for 4–5 minutes per each side.
– Grease the steaks again with the remaining marinade. Turn off the stove and leave the steaks in a pan after 8–10 minutes of frying.
– While the meat is fried, wash the beans, pour it into the pan, and add the tomato puree, Worcester and Tabasco sauce.
– Stew for 10 minutes. Don’t forget to salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley as soon as the sauce thickens. Serve with sauce.
Salmon with sesame seeds
Red fish is delicious. Plus, girls love light food which saturates and doesn’t give them extra pounds. The exquisite taste of salmon with sesame seeds will perfectly fit into the atmosphere of a dinner date.
Here’s what you need to do:
– Mix lemon juice, olive oil, and honey.
– Pour this mix on salmon and leave it for an hour, turning the fish from time to time so that it’s soaked from all sides.
– Before cooking, remove the fish from the marinade and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Put it in the pan with pre-melted cream and olive oil. Fry salmon steaks for 3-4 minutes per each side.
– Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil, letting the honey caramelize.
– Before serving, lightly dry the fish with a paper towel, put it on plates and pour the sauce over it. It’s better to serve salmon with rice, beans, potatoes, or spinach.
Caramel salmon and pineapple mini-burgers
Girls love burgers, so make her some homemade mini-burgers with caramelized salmon and pineapple.
The recipe is a bit complicated:
– To make the icing, mix brown sugar, pineapple juice, water, Teriyaki sauce, and soy sauce in a large saucepan, heat it over medium heat, and bring it to a boil. Turn the heat down a bit, add rice vinegar, chopped onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook for about 30 minutes on low heat.
– Cut the salmon into small cubes and grind the half. Add mayonnaise and the second half. Grind again.
– Put the salmon in a bowl, add the chopped green onions and form 12 cutlets. Put them on parchment paper and refrigerate.
– In a small bowl, slightly mash the avocado with a spoon. Salt it and leave it aside.
– Heat one tablespoon of oil in the medium frying pan, add pineapple rings, coat them with glaze on both sides. Fry them, adding the icing for a caramel effect. Remove them from the pan and leave them for a while.
– Add one tablespoon of oil and heat it; put fish cutlets and fry for 2 minutes per each side. Then grease them with the icing and fry for 1 minute per each side. Turn down the heat and fry to a caramel color.
– Assemble the burgers: put cress on half buns, then salmon, then mashed avocado, then the pineapple in caramel, and cover with the other half of bun. Serve them warm.
Your girlfriend likes light salads? Then pamper her with Lyon salad. Serve it with croutons.
Here is the recipe:
– Heat the pan over medium heat. Fry bacon for 8-10 minutes. Then put it on a paper towel. Cool and chop.
– Add minced shallots to the same pan and sauté for about 3 minutes. Put it all in a bowl and add mustard, wine vinegar, salt, and pepper.
– Add olive oil, herbs, and bacon. Mix well.
– Boil poached eggs. Put them in a bowl on top of the greens.
– Serve the salad decorated with baguette slices.
Conchiglioni with tomato sauce
A date is a reason to surprise and show originality, and conchiglioni with tomato sauce is the best way to do it.
Let’s go Italian:
– Boil the conchiglioni, following the instructions on the package until they’re al-dente.
– Warm the tomato paste over medium-high heat in a deep frying pan. Add the conchiglioni. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
– In a blender, mix cashews with water, garlic, and salt. Mix until smooth.
– Add nutty sauce to the pasta. Stir.
– Serve with greens, seasoned with spices to taste.
If you’re over 50 and eager to show off your new skills but don’t have someone who would appreciate them, check out this website full of women seeking older men find yourself a fellow gourmet.