Recipe for south indian Tamilnadu style Masala Pori. Pori mixed with veggies and sev. A quick and healthy tea time snack.
Masala Pori is a quick and healthy snack that you can prepare in no time and this is an all time favorite of mine. Here is how to do it.
Get the veggies chopped and ready. I have finely chopped the carrots. You can grate the carrots too! If you want a spicy pori, up the chillies. I like to add a lot of coriander leaves. I like the flavor of coriander leaves a lot in the masala pori. You can increase or decrease the veggies according to what your family likes. Take time to chop the veggies as finely as possible.
Take a bowl and add in all the chopped veggies. Add in the roasted peanuts and salt. Mix well to combine.
Add in the puffed rice. Mix well.
Note: If the puffed rice is already salted, skip the salt.
Add in a little sev or bhujia. This is optional. I like the little crunch of the sev.
Squeeze half a lemon and mix well to combine.
- ½ carrot, grated
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pori / puffed rice
- 2 tablespoon sev or bhujia
- ½ lemon
- Take a bowl and add in all the chopped veggies. Add in the roasted peanuts and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the puffed rice. Mix well.
- Add in a little sev or bhujia.
- Squeeze half a lemon and mix well to combine.
- Serve immediately.